May Garden Calendar
· Release ladybugs to control garden pests.
· Plant blooming tropicals for summer brilliance.
· Release trichogramma wasps for control of webworms.
· Plant caladium bulbs and plants.
· Apply beneficial nematodes to control grubs and fleas.
· Feed all flowering plants with Magical Mix to maximize and extend bloom periods.
· Apply 1/2” of compost to lawn and several inches of mulch to bed areas to reduce water use.
· Create a kitchen/herb garden to flavor your summer beverages and meals.
· Plant warm weather vegetables...cucumbers, summer squash, beans, eggplant, okra, and peppers.
· Continue to provide for birds...clean water and seeds for songbirds and fresh nectar for hummingbirds (1 part sugar to 4 parts water, boiled).
· Apply Semaspore Bait for grasshopper control as soon as any young grasshoppers are noticed.
· Spray seaweed/molasses semi-weekly to prevent spider mites.
· Plant warm weather bulbs such as crocosmias, cannas, liatris, crinum lilies, and bletillas.
· Let the warm breezes take all of your cares away.